About a logo
As a video is worth a thousand words, here is a making-off of the last version of my logo!
Sorry about the watermark on top of the video captures…
Let’s get back to the explanations: I whished to make something that could be recognized as well large-framed as as a 20*20px² favicon, and that in one single symbol could depict Parkour, Writings, Research, and my Faith.
- So I filmed a movement and made a screenshot out of it, that I cut out and lightened – here is the Parkour/performance side.
- I then inserted a skeleton that I took from the animation software Maya (the biomechanics software Opensim that I used previously wasn’t really adapted to this aim) – here is for the research side.
- I replaced the inside of the human shape by text – here is the writing side.
- And this text is a verse of the Bible, which highlights my Faith. « If you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! » 1 Corinthians chapter 10 verse 12. It epitomizes my parkour practice of parkour, and adds a touch of general humbleness that I appreciate.
Other trials are given below:
– The first was a banner which didn’t fit well with the various screen formats;
– The second didn’t evoke a moving tracer well enough;
– The third shouldn’t evolve much, at least I hope so…